Friday, June 15, 2012

Start the day the RIGHT way


I WANT PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!


Is that something you say every morning when you get out of bed? There is no reason why you can’t have them. It’s all about how you make them and what you put in them.
So what are the benefits of eating a healthy breakfast?
- A kick start to your metabolism (YES you do HAVE to eat breakfast to lose weight) 
- Sustainable energy for the day (Avoid an energy crash after you eat lunch)
- It has shown to decrease the chance of cancer by 30-40% (According to the American Cancer Society) 
-Appetite control because of a stable blood sugar
-A major mood enhancer (You feed your brain and that makes it happy)
Like every other meal during the day you want to enjoy breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I actually plan my breakfast in my head the night before I go to bed so I have something to look forward to in the morning and something to get me out of bed.
As I mentioned above it’s not just about eating the breakfast, it’s also about getting the right nutrition. Try to get an even split between you proteins, complex carbs and natural fats. Here is an example of a few things I eat:
1 cup Fiber 1 cereal, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 7 egg whites and 2 full eggs.
10oz Greek yogurt, 1 slice whole grain bread with 1 tbsp. of peanut butter and sugar free jam.
1 cup oat meal, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, 15 almonds and 10 egg whites.
When I get out of bed too late: 2 scoops 100% whey protein, 1 cup oatmeal in a shaker and fill it up with water and shake it.
I need about 3000 calories a day, so that’s what this is planned after. If you need less, then don’t eat as much as me.
I hope you get the picture I am trying to paint :-) Get a good solid breakfast and you have started the day the RIGHT way. 
Need a good pancake recipe?
1/2 cup oat flour
2 egg whites
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 package of TRUVIA (natural 0 cal sweetener)
Use water for liquid and a spray 0 cal oil for cooking. And you can add some blueberries and Greek yogurt on top to pimp it out.
Foods to avoid:
-Processed sugar coated cereals (will make you crash but not burn)
- Trans or saturated fats such as bacon (turkey OK), French fries, Sausage and fatty meats
- Soda and energy drinks
Did I just take away almost everything you eat for breakfast?? If so you are in a high risk zone for:
-Cancer
-High blood pressure
-Diabetes
-Obesity 
-And many other diet related diseases.
It’s your choice what you want to feel and look like it, and it all starts with breakfast.
Nick Olsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment