Monday, June 11, 2012

My Bio



I had the honor to be picked as "June Iron Man of the Month" and I did and interview with them. You can learn more about me here :-)
IRON - Bodies of Steel is Thrilled and Excited to Introduce "June Iron Man of the Month"
NICK OLSEN

Nick is handsome, hard working at his sport, the envy of many and an entrepreneur.
His smile is contagious and watching him on stage makes you want to run home and work out.

IRON - When did you first start working out and what inspired you?
NICK - I started to work out when I was 20 years old. I have played soccer since I was 4 years old, but I didn’t start with strength training until I was 20.
At that age I hit a low in my life. No job, no girlfriend, no money, no self-esteem and very overweight. I realized one day that I had to take action and responsibility for my life. It all started with working out. I started having success in something and I became more and more confident. It really kick started my life and I can honestly say that I would not be having the life I have today if I never picked up a Dumbbell.

IRON - How and when did you know that you wanted to take it to the next level and compete?
NICK - When I started as a personal trainer with 24 hour Fitness 4 years ago I needed something that would set me apart as a trainer and would teach me more about nutrition and how to apply the right work outs to create the right response from my body.
So I started to compete in NGA ( Natural Bodybuilding) and I was hooked. I love the stage and I love to entertain people.

IRON - How many competitions have you competed in and how many medals and trophies have you brought home?
NICK - I have done 7 competitions. Taken 11, 6, 4, 3, 2 so I only need that 1st place trophy!!

IRON - Please give our Fitness Fans a break down of a normal work-out week for you. I'm certain many would like to look like you, have the dedication you have and emulate you.
NICK - WOW that’s a huge question. I change my work outs weekly. I do a structured lifting program that has a lot of focus on volume and intensity. Then I do cardio in the AM 4-5 days a week and if I feel like I have energy then I add extra work outs. I am a work out JUNKIE!! And I love it, LOL

IRON - Do you have any "Trade Secrets" that you can share with us that you feel has helped you with your success as a bodybuilder?
NICK - I NEVER give up and I always believe in my self. If you don’t believe in your dreams coming through nobody else will. So I pursue the dreams and goals I have 100% and then I cross my fingers and hope that what I do is enough. Like anything else in life it’s all about your mindset.

IRON - Tell us about your Daily Diet and your Nutritional Habits.
NICK - I change my diet a lot too. It depends on what I am trying to do. I have been cutting calories the last 8 weeks to get ready for my last show. I basically eat 4 Real meals a day and the 2 meals I time around my work outs. I love my carbs and I never cut them 100%. For me its not necessary to kill myself in order for me to get lean. If you know your nutrition and what to live a normal life next to competing your nutrition has to be spot on.



IRON - You have those Dashing Danish Good Looks, how did you wind up in Utah with Danish roots?
NICK - Well thank you J I met a girl and we hit it off and I left Denmark to come to the US to pursue that relationship. I have only been here for 4 years now.

IRON - You are a Fitness Model, Bodybuilder AND a Personal Trainer, Is there anything else that you can tell our readers about you?
NICK - I love Football ( soccer) I have a 2 year old son and I love nutella J

No comments:

Post a Comment